Rekha Bhardwaj took formal training of music at Gandharva Mahavidyala for six year under Shri Vasant Thakar, Pandit Vinay Chandra Mudgal and Shri Madhup Mudgal. Afterwards she met her guru Pt. Amarnath who trained her in specialized gharana singing.
Her first album Ishqa Ishqa came in 2004 with Gulzar as lyricist and husband Vishal Bhardwaj as composer. She is the recipient of 58th National Film Awards for the Best Female Playback singer for the film Ishqiya in 2011.
She is reportedly working on a new album on traditional sufi poetry.
* Dilli 6 (2009)
* Haal-E-Dil (2008)
* No Smoking (2008)
* Superstar (2008)
* Laaga Chunari Mein Daag: Journey of a Woman (2007) (playback singer)
* Red Swastik (2007) (playback singer) (as Rekha Bhardwaj)
* Omkara (2006) (lead singer)
* Bachke Rehna Re Baba (2005) (playback singer) (as Rekha)
* Maqbool (2003) (playback singer) (as Rekha)
* Makdee (2002) (playback singer) (as Rekha Vishal)
* Abhay (2001) (as playback singer)
* Hu Tu Tu (1999) (music assistant) (as Rekha Vishal)
* Godmother (1999) (playback singer)
* Chachi 420 (1997) (playback singer)
* Maachis (1996) (music assistant) (as Rekha Vishal)