There are at least 2 bands sharing this name:
1) Mocca is an indie pop band from Indonesia.
2) Mocca is a downtempo band from Germany.
3) Mocca is a female hip hop artist from Serbia.
1. Mocca is an Indonesian music band formed in 1997 in Bandung, Indonesia. The band's musical style is inspired by the retro sounds of the 70s, with influences of swing, bossa nova, pop and jazz.
The story began when two best friends: -- Arina and Riko -- got together in a college band. After a year of struggling with the boredom of performing other people's music, they decided to write their own songs.
In 1997 they composed four songs, unfortunately, those songs weren’t well accepted by the other members of the band. After caught up in conflicts and tons of disagreements, the band decided to split up leaving Arina and Riko mystified with their deserted materials.
Their debut album "My Diary" contains 13 songs written from a girl's point of view and her diary entries. The album starts with a Once Upon A Time and is followed by a song telling of a first encounter with her Secret Admirer. Then after much hesitation in Twist Me Around, she decides to go steady with the boy in Me & My Boyfriend. In Telephone they break up, understanding that When the Moonlight Shines, they just weren't meant for each other and thus, Rain Will Fall, Life Keeps On Turning.
From waltz and bossa nova to '70s disco and rock, each song (written in English) has a different beat determined by the girl's mood. When playing live, MOCCA is supported by six additional players on keyboards, guitar, percussion, trumpet, trombone and sax.
2. German alternative downtempo pop-band Mocca is composed of: Monika Herschberger (vocals), Daniel Hörschläger (guitar), Lukas Leitner (drums), Martin Laschober (“insane sound machines” = programming?), Rainer Lang (bass), DJ Karma (Chris Sichera) (DJ).
Sound engineers are: Harry Nebel, Alex Völkl, Herr Alexander Groschke.